When You Drink Windex, What Happens?

Window cleaner poisoning can be caused by drinking significant volumes of Windex, according to MedlinePlus. Throat swelling, difficulty breathing, and abdominal pain are some of the frequent symptoms of eating Windex or other glass cleaner. If someone drinks the cleaner, local poison control and emergency services should be informed right away.

Older window cleaners are regarded more toxic than current window cleaners, according to MedlinePlus, because older recipes may contain ammonia, ethanol, methanol, and isopropyl alcohol. If someone swallows window cleaner, they should contact poison control or the local emergency hotline. The patient’s condition, the name of the product swallowed, the volume swallowed, and the time it was swallowed are all vital to know. If the patient is capable of swallowing, give him a glass of water or milk right away. Unless ordered by a health care professional, the patient should not be forced to vomit.

Symptoms are treated and the patient is constantly monitored while in the hospital. Medical tests and treatments may be conducted, according to MedlinePlus. The possibility of recovery is determined by the amount of Windex consumed and the promptness with which medical help is sought.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Read More

Recent