What Is a 3D Oval Called?

The scientific term for a three-dimensional oval is ovoid. Egg is a less formal term for a three-dimensional oval shape. Early in the 19th century, the word ovoid originated from the French “ovode” and the Latin “ovoides,” both of which relate to the egg.

An oval is a spherical, slightly elongated form that resembles an egg. The word is derived from the French word ovalis and the Latin word ovum, both of which signify egg and date to the mid-16th century. In geometry, a form must contain at least one axis of symmetry and resemble an egg in order to be considered ovoid.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Read More